Pages

Monday, June 10, 2013

A tasty challenge

So Jessica Barnett suggested "cooking through an entire cookbook" as one of my challenges and I have accepted! :)

I've chosen a Donna Hay book. I'm a fan of her style and this book is great.


It's called "off the shelf - cooking from the pantry" - which is ironic, because most recipes require ingredients not often found in the average pantry! (It's something to do with teaching you how to organise your pantry to be most useful to you in managing your week to week cooking.) I chose it because it has a nice diversity of dishes and cuisines and a combination of simple recipes and those that will stretch me (either my culinary skills or my food aversions and fears!).

The book contains over 180 recipes - which means I'll need to cook 3-4 a week to get through it before May 22, 2014. I've already done a quick check for dishes that are season specific to make sure I get to them in the right months! I may need to strategise further to get them all done in time.

Jacqui and Nancy joined me on the maiden voyage - a tasty afternoon snack. I think they're excited to have realised that if I'm cooking through a book there'll be some eating to be done!! I believe they are up to the task. :)

1 - choc honey snaps
2 - coconut rice with caramalised banana
There'll be plenty of opportunities for eating ... especially some of the recipes that I'll be more excited to cook than eat myself!!! Let me know if you want in! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment