Pages

Saturday, June 1, 2013

Starting out

There are only 354 days left of my thirties. I'm not sad about this ... at all ... I've enjoyed the last decade and I have no reason to fear being 40!

It started as a thought and then became the substance of several energising conversations and now it becomes this blog  ...

40 things to do before I'm 40

I've started on the list but it's not complete yet. I'm hopeful for your input to help me round it off. You can see from the list as it stands that there have been a variety of contributors to the decision process so far! =)

I want it to be a combination of "once in a lifetime" experiences, opportunities for reflection, thanksgiving and celebration, opportunities to learn, grow and be stretched, chances for positive interactions and relationship building ... and fun, lots of fun!

The list so far ...

  1. Blog the "40 things to do before I'm 40" fun 
  2. Finish an unfinished project (older than 3 years)
  3. Give Alex the biggest hug!!
  4. Cook through a recipe book from start to finish
  5. Pick a person of influence from each decade of my life and honour them in some way
  6. Go skiing
  7. Write that book!
  8. Do a backflip on a trampoline
  9. Something to do with a canoe, Geelong & the possibility of falling out! (Kayleen or Mark?)
  10. Make a TEN layered dessert (Jess requests a taste test)
  11. Perform a 'pop up' musical number in a shopping centre (lots of family members ready to help with this one!)
  12. Skydiving (potentially over Sydney?)
  13. Fix the crack in the wall/ceiling
  14. Drive the Great Ocean Road in a car with the roof down
  15. Apply to another reality tv show
  16. Retrace my life up until now - road trip style
  17. Re-watch West Wing Season 1 to 7
  18. Make fondant covered biscuits
  19. Go to an event/concert/conference of an entirely different genre than my "normal"
  20. Ride in a hot air balloon
  21. Have a "Degustation Experience" ... (potentially at the Royal Mail hotel, Dunkeld!?)
  22. Do the Sydney Harbour Bridge climb

Over to your help ... what can I add (I reserve full rights of refusal or tweaking of your suggestions!)? ... Anything you'd like to join me in doing?

I best get started! :)

3 comments:

  1. Interview (40?) kids about what they think they'll be doing when they turn 40? Could be a vblog entry!

    Participate in a sporting activity or event that you've never tried before (oh, is that #9?)




    ReplyDelete
  2. I just found this....way to go Kim! I love that you love life and it is such an adventure for you! :) I'm going to think about this one! :) Suggestion coming! :)

    ReplyDelete